Friends of Highland Young Musicians
- Highland Regional Youth Orchestra
- Highland Youth Big Band
- Highland Youth String Orchestra
- Highland Youth Wind Band Highland Pulse
- Còisir G
- Highland Youth Choir
‘The Friends’ play an important role in supporting all our Regional Music groups in both practical and financial terms. By having a child as a member of a Highland Young Musicians ensemble, you are automatically a member.
'The Friends' is a representative group of parents/carers who are able to voice opinions about Highland Young Musicians activities and plans, with a specific remit to raise funds where possible, to enhance the work of these groups.
There are a number of ways in which you can support the activities:
- The Committee meets about 3 times a year and it would be good to have a greater representation of parents/carers from all the Ensembles. We realise that as the meetings are held in Inverenss or Dingwall, this limits the geographical spread of potential members, but there are enough members from within reasonable travelling distance who could be represented at these meetings.
- The Committee is a vital part of the support network for all the Ensembles and relies completely on the willingness of parents/carers to ensure the future success and growth of opportunities for our young folk. PLEASE get in touch with Norman Bolton if you would like to come along to our next meeting. (Committee members are entitled to free tickets for most of the Groups Concerts…there’s an offer you can’t refuse!)
- Any parents/carers who work for a business who have an advertising budget, or if you run you own business are welcome to contact Norman Bolton, High Life Highland’s Music Development Officer, to discuss programme advertising opportunities and/or further sponsorship possibilities.