Regional Music Groups 2012/13
Saturday 16TH June 2012
10am – 4.30pm
Millburn Academy strings for HRYO & HYSO
(an appropriate arrangement will be made for players who also want to audition for ‘snas to be seen at Millburn)
Merkinch Community Centre pipes & drums for HYPB
Mercure Hotel w/w; brass; saxes for HSWB; HYBB; HRYO
Spectrum Centre trad for ‘snas
Thistle Hotel voice for HYC & Cg
The day will involve playing in large group workshop situations
Applicants should bring with them: instrument; music stand (if appropriate); pencil; rubber; water (no ‘energy’ drinks); snacks & packed lunch.
Senior applicants attending Millburn, Spectrum (café on site – no ‘own food’ allowed) or Mercure venues may wish to make their own lunch arrangements, however it would be preferable if all participants brought a snack/drink for break times and packed lunch and stayed on site.
Applicants attending Merkinch and Thistle venues MUST bring packed lunches as there are no food outlets in the vicinity of these venues.
All applicants should be prepared to play a short solo/unaccompanied piece to the appropriate selection panel, chosen in consultation with their Instructor/teacher. The Panel may also ask to hear
- All applicants should arrive for a 10.30am start.
- All applicants will be required to stay until the end of the day.
- It is essential that all applicants for any of the Groups attend this event as there is no guarantee that alternative audition arrangements can be made. In cases where attendance is genuinely impossible, please ensure that an explanation is given – this will assist us in planning any alternatives.
- Please note that acceptance of a place offered in any of the Groups indicates a firm commitment to attend ALL of the rehearsals and concerts. Consideration should be given to the rehearsal schedule outlined at www.highland-young-musicians.com and parents/applicants should note that Regional Group commitments take precedence over part-time jobs. Should it be necessary, a letter requesting employer’s cooperation can be obtained by contacting the Council’s Music Development Officer.
- ALL CHILDERN MUST BE COLLECTED FROM VENUES BY 4.30PM - NO ADULTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO SUPERVISE AFTER THAT TIME - activities will probably start clearing up around 4pm
Highland Regional Music Groups
Calendar 2012 / 2013 (updated16/3/12)
pupils back 14th August
24/25th August HRYO/HYPB/Cg/
31 Aug/1st Sept
7/8th September HSWB/HYSO/HYBB/’snas (HYPB will also be involved in a Blas massed bands event on 8th)
21/22nd September HRYO/HYPB/Cg/
(4th October HIGHLAND MUSIC
5-23 October Holidays (22nd = Inset)
2/3rd November HSWB/HYSO/HYBB/’snas
16/17th November All Groups - AVIEMORE CONCERTS WEEKEND
30th Nov/1st Dec
18/19th January HSWB/HYSO/HYBB/’snas
1/2nd February HRYO/HYPB/Cg/
11/12th February (Monday and Tuesday holiday and 3 in-service days 13, 14, 15 February)
22/23rd February HSWB/HYSO/HYBB/’snas
8/9th March HRYO/HYPB/Cg/
16th / 17th March All Groups - INVERNESS CONCERTS WEEKEND
Rehearsals and Concerts, Eden Court
PLEASE NOTE – CONCERTS ON SUNDAY 17th–
THIS IS PART OF THE GROUPS COMMITMENT
15th June AUDITION DAY